Working from home is a concept that is becoming more and more popular in different parts of the world. In the U.S. alone, data reveals that the population of home-based employees has increased by 115% in nine years. Aside from this, a lot of employers are now accepting the idea of offering telecommuting options for their workers. This shows how working from home is slowly embraced by today’s society.
With the continuous increase of home-based job offers, the population of freelancers also continues to grow. So, if you are thinking of starting a business, one great idea is to find an office franchise opportunity. You can offer co-working spaces for freelancers who still want to experience working in a physical office from time to time. You can also provide solutions for company owners who are looking for a venue for team or client meetings.
Benefits for Employees
- Zero commuting – No more stressful commute for employees. This saves time and prevents stressful incidents while on the road.
- Flexible schedule – Employees can choose their own schedule. They can pick the best time to work or take breaks. This makes it easier to manage time and accomplish daily tasks.
- Reduced expenses – There is no need to spend money on transportation, office clothes, and expensive meals. If at home, employees can start working the moment they leave their bed. They can even work wearing their pajamas.
- Improved work-life balance – Another significant benefit is having a stable job while being able to spend time with loved ones. Remote employees can also work while traveling. They just need to have their equipment and a stable internet connection.
Benefits for Employers
- Reduced overhead expenses – They can cut a lot of overhead budget from the office space rental, equipment, and utility bills.
- Better employee retention – By providing employees with all the work flexibility that they need, employers will have better chances of gaining their trust and loyalty. If employees have the freedom to choose their work schedule and work environment, they will feel more than happy to keep working with you.
- Maximum use of technology – No need for daily monitoring of work because software programs are available for keeping track of the team’s progress. They can also save time discussing projects from one team to another. They can simply schedule a meeting and invite the whole team to participate no matter where they are located.
- Gather the best team players – They have the opportunity to work with the best employees because they can hire specialists from different parts of the world. They do not have to limit the team from employees in their local area.
Implementing the concept of telecommuting in the workplace provides various benefits for both employees and employers. However, caution should always be practiced because not a lot of people can manage to telecommute. Employees need to be 100% focused on accomplishing tasks. They need to have self-motivation and a strong drive. Employers, on the other hand, need to put effort into ensuring that they can help their workers. They need to build a strategy where they can make employees feel an official part of the team, even if they are working remotely.